
Today was another one of those relatively uneventful days. A good day, nonetheless. We has a giant day of duck-duck-goose and I got picked and sprinted until my boot nearly fell off. I "goosed" Katie Winter because she has a knee brace and it was really funny. Mrs. Palmer made us run a second lap so that a parent could take pictures. Katie is a cool kid, one of my favorite freshmen. Now for some thoughts...
nos·tal·gia
[no-stal-juh]
–noun
1.
a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.
[no-stal-juh]
–noun
1.
a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.
I realized that this is one of my favorite words. I reason this because it happens to me all of the time. I wish I could go back and relive those amazing days and make them even better. I want to learn to live in a way that makes these amazing memories for everyone. I want people to think of me and feel nostalgic. I strive to create memories that induce a wistful desire to return to a former time in one's life. I want to do this because of so many people that have done it for me. One person in particular who is leaving soon is going to be occupying my mind alot, and flooding it with nostalgia. I hope she feels the same way but at the same time I hope that she doesn't feel the desire as strong as I know I will because it is so hard to say goodbye. You have changed my life forever and I hope you know that and that you continue to do so. we hit it off right. ;P

No comments:
Post a Comment