Monday, July 28, 2008

This one time at band camp...

Sorry I don't have a picture today. I got lazy :P. Today was the first day of band camp. I had to get up at 7 and it didn't help that I had been up until 1 playing Halo with Robert (we kicked major butt though.) I didn't expect to do alot of physical activity because of my foot but I participated in everything today. First we had one of those cheesey "get to know you" things. There are quite alot of freshman and so far I like all of them. There are 9 trumpets now (WOW!) and they are pretty good. One of the freshman was this african-american girl who reminds me of Stanley from The Office. They are creepily similar. We did very well for our first day, especially on the music. We made more improvement just today than I would have ever thought. It was cool seeing alot of the people I hadn't seen for a while, but it made me miss the seniors soooooo much. Especially Claire, Bryce, Jon, and even Erika (crazy, I know.) I really want to make friends with all of the new kids and I'm already friends with a few. Zoe did an awesome job as drum major and Ryan is a great marching tech. These next two weeks are gonna be a pain in the butt, but fun at the same time. I'm looking forward to lunch with Claire, whenever she can make it.

No comments: